The Day We Buy SmartPhoneCars



"Hello, my name is Vinny, how can I help you?"

"Yeah, I am actually in here looking at cars and I was hoping you could help me make an educated decision. I just don't want to buy the wrong car for me."

"Oh, I totally understand and you came to the right place. What do you need the car for?"

"Well, I don't do too much with it. Maybe travel from home to work and on occasion take personal or business trips. The usual stuff."

"Okay, well how about you start out with one of our Android cars."

"You know I've heard a lot about Android but I was really wanting to try a Windows car, you know, because I've used Windows so much for everything else."

"No problem, well lets hop on over to this model. This is the brand new Windows 8 model. All the standard bells and whistles."

"Yeah, that's good. I bet it syncs real well with all the old appliances I have that are windows too huh?"

"Well...lets just get in and see how it feels for you."

"Okay...should we look at any other one's first? This one feels kinda clunky."

"You mean other than the Windows car?"

"No...is this your only one?"

"Yeah...its'....well yeah. Here why don't you get in and take it for a spin."

"Okay."

    (after a few minutes)

"Well this is kinda confusing, I don't know where to start."

"Yeah, they gave it a whole new look, went with the new tile system they were using on all the ATVs and recreational vehicles they were pushing. Its a whole different feel."

"Oh, well the whole reason  I wanted one was because it was familiar. I guess I can try although I can't even tell where the ignition is...it all looks the same."

"Try down here."

"Oh, I see. Okay....does it usually take a few minutes to turn on?"
"Only the first time. And its pretty normal for it to not quite turn over after the first few times. Once you get set up in it it'll work a lot better."

"Okay, I'm getting the hang of this. Where do I find the blinker?"

"Okay, open up that menu..."

"Okay..."

"Now scroll down and open up that other one that says Turn Signal."

"Yeah,"

"Now select, right turn signal."

"Kinda hard to get to. I though this was supposed to be easier."

"Some things are in odd places I'll admit, but once you get the hang of it..."

"Whats this big button on the dash do?"

"That's to talk to other people driving Windows cars."

"Is it really that important, I mean, I had to hunt down the turn signal and that button is like...right in my face...What just happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"I just lost control. I don't know what's going on? It's turning us around."

"...Oh, the car is updating."

"So it just does that."

"Mm hm."

"In the middle of a route."

"Yes,"

"It just shuts down the car, takes control and drives it to an undisclosed location."

"Yup."

"...I'm ready to try something else."

"Okay, no problem."

     (several minutes later)

"This is nice, it has a nice feel and I can actually move stuff around into places I want."

"Yeah, I'll tell you Android cars are the new thing. Everyone is getting into them."

"Yeah, this display is great for all sorts of cool stuff like watching movies, playing games, using networking apps. And it seems to interface with everything really well. It does so much more than just drive. I really like this car."

"Sure is a nice, it also comes with brand new technology so you can simply swipe a scanner over your car and the mechanic knows the mileage, recent locations, software reports, everything."

"Everything...?"

"Yeah. It also has a loaded apps that monitor your health, blood pressure and sitting posture and gives you suggestions. It also comes with navigation that learns where you live and work and favorite hang outs so it programs the GPS for you so you don't have to."

"Really."

"And it'll auto build customized searches for restaurants, hand outs, friend's homes, frequent stops, and let you know if you have forgotten something you usually do."

"It's kinda noisy...why are all those buttons turning on and off?"

"Oh, those are programs running in the background."

"They just do that, without me telling them?"

Pretty much, there's a lot of those."

"Does that drain power?"

"A little bit"

"What are they doing?"

"Collecting data and sending it to Google. Or just updating programs and code."

"This is kinda creepy."

"It's a real smartcar. It's doing all this stuff for you."

"Yeah...and it just stalled...oh wait, now its up again."

"Well, you may notice some lagging. It does an awful lot of stuff after all, that's why."

"Gotcha. Any other cars to try?"

"Interested in an iCar?"

"Yeah, I've got friends who are like, religious fanatics about iCars! I want to try one."

     (A few minutes later)

"Okay, I can dig this. it's pretty simple but not like a feature car at all."

"Yeah, I'd say its still a smartcar. And it has such a great design and feel. You can see why people love these cars."

"Yeah, I can. I just sink right into the seat and its all so smooth."

"It's also got a a high dependability rating and will get a little better gas mileage than the androids."

"Cool."

   [You said "cool". Would you like me to find a place to get a drink?]

"Whoa! What was that?"

"Oh, that's Siri. She's your virtual assistant."

"Awesome! I always wanted one of those ever since I was a kid!"

 [Can I help you?]

"Mmm...nah. Can't imagine what I'd ever ask you. Thanks though. What else can it do?"

"Well, it can do all the things a car should do, like drive and send messages and GPS."

"What about the mechanic readout thingy the android car had."

"Not really. It does have a built in diagnostic but it goes to a email and...that's something handled at the Apple Store."

"Huh. Can I customize it at all? it seems like the android car let me move stuff around."

"Yeah, not really. It's gonna look like this pretty much."

"Oh. Are parts easy to come by if it breaks."

"Windsheild, no problem. Very easy to find someone who will replace that for cheap. The rest of it...that's handled at the Apple Store. Usually it all costs about the same."

"Pretty expensive?"

"I would buy the insurance."

"It's not quite as fast as the Android car either. Why's that?"

"Androids do have a lot of power. This is more of a fuel efficient car."

"I guess that's good. Hey, I can put in lots of free tools to make it better though, right?"

"Mm, the iCar tools do tend to cost money. I won't lie you'll want to have your credit card loaded in the system. What you make up in gas you may spend on additions."

"Oh, well my sister has a car and she has all these free cool tools she added that do..."

"She probably has an Android Car."

"I see. Well...darn it I can't decide what to do. Is there any other reason to get an iCar over an Android Car?"

"Well, it's trendy."

"Alright, deal! I'll take the iCar."

"Hey, man! That's an excellent choice, you won't regret it."

"Oh, one more thing, is there a more affordable model? I just can't help but notice those cheaper Android cars."

"There's last year's model, its slightly cheaper. And the older model it's cheaper still."

"So just the older models huh? (sigh) Alright, I'll put up for it. How much altogether?"

Comments

Popular Posts